Dance Conservatory of Maryland
The Dance Conservatory of Maryland is dedicated to providing the finest quality
dance education for students of all ages and levels of interest. By creating the optimum environment for learning, all students have the opportunity to excel.
Our training program is proudly built on three principles: People, Passion and Performance. The Dance Conservatory of Maryland (DCM) takes pride in our training philosophy that encompasses a 'whole-student' approach designed to:
- Promote the highest standards of classroom behavior.
- Assist students’ discovery of their strengths and challenges.
- Provide performance opportunities through Harford Ballet Company (HBC), a non-profit ballet company.
- Create a nurturing and professional atmosphere where our instructors provide leadership, mentorship and friendships.
It is our unique blend of people, passion, and performance that allows dreams to become reality. Our desire is to help you reach your goals and awaken the great talents that may be hiding within!
The Summer session at the Dance Conservatory of Maryland begins on July 9 and new registrations are still being accepted for all programs. Please call 410-877-3281 or visit our website for more information. Fall 2012 schedule is now available and classes will begin September 4. Please call or email to receive the fall information.
DCM was founded in 1996 under the name Harford Ballet Conservatory and was a program of ballet solely dedicated to the professional and pre-professional student. Since this time, DCM has grown to a program that embraces other dance disciplines and offers levels suited to various interests. DCM has relocated from a 500 square foot to a 5,000 square foot facility to accommodate its amazing growth. A DCM dancer can perform professionally, earn scholarships to major professional schools, colleges and universities, and enrich the artistic and cultural life of the community. Already dancers from our training have been accepted at or received scholarships to the following reputable institutions for their dance talent:
- American Ballet Theater
- Atlanta Ballet
- Ballet Austin
- Bolshoi Ballet Academy
- Boston Ballet
- Ballet Theater of Maryland (scholarship)
- Baltimore School for the Arts
- Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet
- Dayton Ballet II
- Gelsey Kirkland Academy
- Goucher College (scholarship)
- Edward Stewart Memorial Scholarship recipients
- Florida State School of Dance
- Harid Conservatory
- Houston Ballet
- Joffrey Ballet
- Julliard School
- Kansas City Ballet (scholarship)
- Kirov Academy of Ballet
- Kennedy Center Ballet Class Series
- Mercyhurst College
- Miami City Ballet
- Nutmeg Conservatory
- The Rock School
- Pittsburgh Ballet Theater
- Point Park University (scholarship)
- Richmond Ballet (scholarship)
- South Carolina University
- Towson University (alternate scholarship)